Learn all about Mini Vinnies... turning concern into action!
What is Mini Vinnies?
‘Mini Vinnies’ is a St Vincent de Paul Group in a Primary School. We are a group of young people aged 7-11 who get together, organise and talk about helping others in need within our school community and beyond. What makes Mini Vinnies such a valuable experience for those who are part of it, is the change it makes in school communities. Mini Vinnies’ group usually meet once a fortnight during lunchtime and is run by Miss Bell.
What happens at a Mini Vinnies’ meeting?
A ‘President’ is elected by the Mini Vinnies to lead the meeting and organise the group. Miss Bell co-ordinates the group and gives help and practical advice.
- The President opens the meeting with a prayer.
- A short spiritual reading/reflection/piece of music/meditation follows. The Group members take turns to do this.
- Group members then talk about the Mini Vinnies’ activities they have done since the previous meeting.
- Any future plans are then discussed.
- The President concludes the meeting with a prayer.